Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Root Beer Pulled Pork

You will need pork tenderloin, liquid smoke, root beer, and bbq sauce
You've gotta love recipes that only have four ingredients. You heard me. Four. All you need is your trusty crockpot, a couple of hours, and 4 ingredients. (5 if you're like my husband and HAVE to have some super spicy and vinegary homemade Carolina bbq sauce too :0)) I'll give you the step by step of this recipe to show you how incredibly easy this is!
Trim any obvious chunks of fat off your pork tenderloin and remove the silverskin. Place your pork tenderloins in the crockpot and add 1 t of liquid smoke.
This picture freaks me out. I had a slight moment where I said, I can't believe I just poured soda on my pork tenderloin! Just go with it-your mouth will thank you!
Add 1 can of root beer. I used A&W.
Cook on low for 5-6 hours until the pork pulls apart easily with a fork.
Remove the pork and shred with two forks. Add your barbecue sauce. 
Mound some pork on your bun and add sauce. Salivate. Take a bite and enjoy! This would be great for a party-minimum prep and cooking and maximum flavor!

Root Beer Pulled Pork
Recipe by Jill Chall

2 lbs. pork tenderlon, trimmed
1 t liquid smoke
1 can root beer
1 bottle barbecue sauce (I recommend Stubb's and Sweet Baby Ray's)

Place pork tenderloin in crockpot. Add liquid smoke and root beer. Cook on low for 5-6 hours, until pork shreds easily. Add desired amount of barbecue sauce. Mix. Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment