Thursday, December 15, 2011

Crockpot Turkey Enchilada Chili


Man, do I love a good crockpot recipe! Well, the best part about this recipe is that it wasn't really a recipe at all. I knew I wanted to make a soup in the crockpot, so I raided my freezer, fridge, and pantry to see what I could come up with! It was then that I realized I had 6 cans of enchilada sauce in my pantry. Whoops! So I decided to throw it in the crockpot for a chili, and I'm glad I did. This chili is seriously delicious-even after eating it for lunch 5 days in a row (I would know, I did!).

Crockpot Turkey Enchilada Chili
Recipe and photos by Jill Chall

1 lb ground turkey
1 pkg taco seasoning (or use homemade like I did-cuts down on sodium)
1 medium onion, diced
1-2 stalks celery, diced
1 c frozen corn
1 can black beans, undrained
1 can stewed tomatoes, cut up with kitchen scissors
2-3 c reduced sodium chicken stock (depending on what consistency you like)
1 can mild enchilada sauce
a couple tablespoons cornmeal

Brown your ground turkey with the taco seasoning. Drain the meat and place in the crockpot with all other ingredients except the cornmeal. Cook on low for 6 hours. When you're about ready to eat throw in a couple spoonfuls of cornmeal. This will thicken up the chili nicely. Enjoy! 

I served mine with these cornbread muffins with corn instead of blueberries-so yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment